Profile set for Nikon System-One J1

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
l_d_allan

Profile set for Nikon System-One J1

Post by l_d_allan »

Here's a link to the 2.9 MB .zip file for the Nikon System-One J1 camera with embedded noise examples:
http://www.canprint.org/Misc/140624_Nik ... omAcr8.zip

Here's the contents of the readme:
Nikon System One J1 Read Me.txt:

Nikon System One J1 noise profiles
by Lynn Allan, June 24, 2014

A set of profiles for Nikon System One J1 for uncompressed 16-bit TIF files, saved from the RAW .dng files by Adobe ACR 8.3.
The profiles were built using shots of the Calibration Target on a LCD monitor for the following full size RAW 3872x2592, using ProPhoto RGB and 16-bit.

For each file format and image size above, shots for all of the full stop ISO's and 1/3rd stop ISO's from 100 to 3200 were made and used to build profiles.
From ISO 100 to 800, there are 1/6th stop ISO's, accomplished using Auto-ISO. Note that it is possible to get 1/6th stop intermediates from ISO 100 to ISO 3200. H1=6400 is also included.

RAW was used, so my understanding is that camera settings for Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation, Noise reduction, White balance don't apply.

Very little post processing was applied to the RAW .DNG files. DngConverter was used on the .NEF files. The ACR 8.3 sliders for Basic, Clarity, Vibrance, Saturation, Noise, Sharpness and NR were zero'ed. Lens corrections were enabled. Process Version 2012 was used.
My understanding is that a profile made from a .tif using ACR 8 would be equivalent to making a profile from a .nef RAW file opened in PhotoShop.

The base exposure was ISO 100, f5.6, 1/2 second with the 30-100-VR lens at 83mm, out of focus.
ISO was varied by changing the shutter speed while taking pictures of the calibration target on a LCD monitor, so that the option of Auto-ISO would change the ISO.

The file-naming excluded the WB(#) clause and shutter duration. The Quality Factor was 96 to 98 for 3 of the 27 profiles, and Q100 for the remaining 24.

These profiles should be good for both the 64-bit and 32-bit versions of NeatImage.
They are probably suitable for other Nikon System 1 cameras with a 10.1 megapixel sensor. YMMV.
Based on guidance from the NITeam, the noise samples are included in the profiles, which makes them larger.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for your contribution!

I am sure many people will find this set very useful.

Kind regards,
Vlad