Neatimage 6.1 Home crashes Aperture

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
radek

Neatimage 6.1 Home crashes Aperture

Post by radek »

When I try to edit ANY tiff file from Aperture 2.1.4 on Mac Pro, Neatimage crashes when launched (edit with->neat image).

Image (warning, 60MB file)

I use a registered version of neat image (home license).

Thanks for your help,
Radek
Last edited by radek on Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the sample image, it does allow to reproduce the crash. The crash seems to be caused by some misconfiguration inside the metadata of that TIFF file. It is likely that it is originally caused by the software that wrote that TIFF. Perhaps it is related to the thumbnail embedded into this TIFF.

We will investigate it in more details to prevent such crashes on corrupted TIFFs.

In the meantime, a possible solution would be to re-save the corrupted TIFF into another file format (PNG does work and it is also lossless like TIFF) and then import it into Aperture instead of that TIFF. Neat Image will then be able to work without crashing, I have tested that.

I will let you know when we find out more about the issue.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
radek

Post by radek »

Thanks for the prompt answer! converting to PNG sounds like a feasible workaround. I did not expected malformed TIFF file, as Aperture manages to read it...

FYI, The file was generated with Nikon Scan 4.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The thing is, Aperture does read it not entirely correctly and then sends an incorrect information to the plug-in, that causes the issue. When you convert it to PNG, Aperture reads it properly and plug-in also receives the right image.

Vlad