To echo what others have said

general questions about Neat Image
Gill

To echo what others have said

Post by Gill »

I've never seen a forum where so many people sing praises of a piece of software. To echo what everyone else has said - I'm astounded!. It's a life-saver. Some images that I thought were beyond repair are now salvageable. It's like an early Christmas present :)
I only tried the demo this afternoon (Mac plug-in) and this evening I've bought a license.
It's just amazing the way it removes the noise and leaves the details, unlike the original Photoshop noise filter which removes everything.

A big thank you to all involved in it's development.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you very much, Gill!

I am glad you like it, all members of our team are too!

Kind regards,
Vlad
Stan Schurman

Post by Stan Schurman »

Last week I took 80+ shots of my son's hockey game. I was using a Nikon D90 with a 70-300mm F4.5 zoom set at 1/320 sec which gave me about an F8 - F10 aperture at a 3200 ISO. The D90 is noted for its hi-ISO performance, but I wasn't expecting much as I was also shooting through glass. The shots ended up being moderately good with a moderate amount of noise as expected. Later I was reading something by Thom Hogan and he mentioned using Neatimage which I had never heard of. I Googled it and downloaded the trial version. Upon applying it to a few of the hockey shots I was blown away. Somewhat usable shots became very usable. Today I purchased the Home Version. For such a usable (and user-friendly) tool, it's amazingly inexpensive. I'll be doing a lot more low-light shooting knowing I can clean up the noise so effortlessly.