Photoshop scripting: a couple of questions

questions about practical use of Neat Image
giuse

Photoshop scripting: a couple of questions

Post by giuse »

Hi, I am using Neat Image Pro+ plugin called from a javascript in Photoshop and I have a couple of questions:

1) I need to select "Auto Match profile" but with a fallback policy of "Auto Build profile" if there is no matched profile. Is this possible?
I found that after setting "SfpN" to "Auto match profile", then setting "BpaN" parameter to "false" has no fallback policy (if no profile is matched, the plugin stops waiting for a profile to be auto built), while if "BpaN" is set to "true" then the profile is always auto built (also if a match is found and regardless of "SfpN"). I am a bit confused...

2) To pass a preset name to the plugin, it's necessary to set the "FrpN" parameter. From some tests I did, it seems to me that I have to specify the full path of the preset (that can be a problem since it depends on the value of the PRESETS folder): is it true or there is a way to specify just the name without the path?

Thanks a lot.

Giuse
giuse

about full path

Post by giuse »

I made additional tests and about second point (need for specifying full path), it seems that I can avoid the path only if I put the presets in the base preset folder: if I put them into a "myPresets" folder and call the plugin with the javascript referencing them with "myPresets\<preset>.nfp", the plugin does not find them...
cheers

Giuse
NITeam

Re: Photoshop scripting: a couple of questions

Post by NITeam »

giuse wrote:1) I need to select "Auto Match profile" but with a fallback policy of "Auto Build profile" if there is no matched profile. Is this possible?
Only manually by your script, doing first Auto Match, then (if unsuccessful) Auto Profile.
giuse wrote:I found that after setting "SfpN" to "Auto match profile", then setting "BpaN" parameter to "false" has no fallback policy (if no profile is matched, the plugin stops waiting for a profile to be auto built), while if "BpaN" is set to "true" then the profile is always auto built (also if a match is found and regardless of "SfpN"). I am a bit confused...
If you want to use Auto Match, set "BmaN" to true. "SfpN" is only a comment for GUI.

Auto Profile and Auto Match flags should not be set at the same time.
giuse wrote: 2) To pass a preset name to the plugin, it's necessary to set the "FrpN" parameter. From some tests I did, it seems to me that I have to specify the full path of the preset (that can be a problem since it depends on the value of the PRESETS folder): is it true or there is a way to specify just the name without the path?
It can be used without the full path, it then will look in PRESETS. Only file name will be used then, no partial paths from your script will be taken into account in such case. BTW, the latest version of Neat Image plug-in does not normally save/load presets to/from disk, so this may be not relevant anyway.

Hope this helps,
Vlad
giuse

Post by giuse »

Thanks for your prompt reply, so:
  • "BmaN" is the flag for auto match
    the flag for auto build is "BpaN"?
    what about "BfaN" and "BsaN"?
Thanks!

Giuse
NITeam

Post by NITeam »