New Mac User

questions about practical use of Neat Image
julie117

New Mac User

Post by julie117 »

I've recently switched to an iMac from a PC. I typically used NI by creating a profile of my session and then running a batch for all the images. I create a profile for each session I do. Now that I'm moving to a Mac, it looks like the ability to do this is not there. I know you can create a batch action for CS3, but if I typically create a profile for each session, does this mean I have to create a new action for every session? Looking for a way to maintain my current work flow or to adjust slightly. Thanks.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

There is a difference between Home and Pro plug-in /Mac with respect to actions. Only the Pro plug-in /Mac fully supports them so to use batching in PS and run NI in batch it is best to use the Pro plug-in.

You perhaps still use the Home plug-in but the batch process will probably not be completely automated and the only profile that can be used is the RecentProfile: the profile you built/used recently when using the plug-in.

The Pro plug-in allows to specify a specific profile in an action, or tell the action to do Auto Profile or Auto Match for every image it processes. So it is more powerful in this respect.

There is a sub-section in the user guide about use of the Pro plug-in in actions.

Hope this helps.
Vlad