Great product...

general questions about Neat Image
saturndude

Great product...

Post by saturndude »

I am sorry it took so long to return to photography and Neat Image. I cleaned up several pictures with the free version (indoor ice-hockey game) yesterday and I was impressed.

I made some profiles tonight, they are all 86, 87 or 88 percent quality. I read where some of the target should be light, and some should be dark (if I use sunlight, I need to move the target, if I use lamps in the room to light up the target, I need to move the lamps).

Is 86-88 percent good enough to use? If I want to build another profile tomorrow, how do you think I should move the camera and the target to make both light and dark areas?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

86-88 is quite good, so I guess there is no need to try getting higher values.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
saturndude

Current progress

Post by saturndude »

My current profiles are all in the 90 to 94 percent range, although right now I cannot find the list where I wrote them down.

I thought about placing a shadow across the darkest areas of the target. The rest of the target would be in sunlight.

But if this is already pretty good, I might not need to improve.

I would like to submit a profile for a camera that is not on the list yet, but the owner of that camera says I must wait before I can borrow it.

I tried the free version on a beautiful vacation picture a few days ago. Smaller file size, and the picture looks better. I love this product!