Installing 64-bit on Debian Linux

general questions about Neat Image
unless

Installing 64-bit on Debian Linux

Post by unless »

Hi,

I failed installing the 64-bit binaries on 64-bit Debian Sid Linux. There is a directory created but no binaries to be found, and I don't see any installation menu (just a 'pling' sound when the .run file is executed).

Any recommenadtions on how to proceed?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Does the .run file actually start? Do you see the installer wizard?
It normally asks you to enter your password and then walks you through several steps of the installation process.

Vlad
unless

Post by unless »

NITeam wrote:Does the .run file actually start? Do you see the installer wizard?
It normally asks you to enter your password and then walks you through several steps of the installation process.

Vlad
There are two subdirectories created under "Neat Image Standalone" directory "Profiles" and "Presets", which I presume are created by the .run file. So, in a way it must start.

But, the installer wizard is never seen, which I believe is indicated by the (error?) "pling" sound.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Strange. We have tried to install it on a stable build of Debian (6.1a) and it worked correctly. There is the wizard, it works as expected and walks you through several steps. Could you try with a stable version of Debian?

Vlad
unless

Post by unless »

NITeam wrote:Strange. We have tried to install it on a stable build of Debian (6.1a) and it worked correctly. There is the wizard, it works as expected and walks you through several steps. Could you try with a stable version of Debian?

Vlad
That would be difficult as I have too little hard drive space left.

I tried the 32-bit version, which worked.

Still, the 64-bit should have worked too.