No EXIF data? - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
peddle4ever

No EXIF data? - resolved

Post by peddle4ever »

Hi,

I've been evaluating Neat Image for awhile. What's keeping me from buying the full copy is that it appears to strip out 100% of EXIF data. I'm up to v5.8 now and it's still doing it. I've tested it with several cameras including Canon and Nikon. Am I doing something wrong or does this this feature simply not work? Thanks,

- Chris
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, the Demo doesn't preserve the EXIF data, non-Demo editions do. Please check the featuremap for more information on differences between editions.

Best regards,
Vlad
arkhangelsk

While we are on EXIF

Post by arkhangelsk »

Recently, I started to play with the RawTherapee RAW converter. When I was done w/ my RAW, I dumped it out as a JPEG w/ the option to keep all the metadata up.

I went to Irfanview ... all the EXIF data's there. Shot by a Powershot G9, modified by Therapee, ISO 800, shutter 1/30, all that stuff. So, I know the EXIF was preserved in a readable format.

I go to NeatImage for Noise Reduction (for RawTherapee's NR seems a glorified Selective Blur function) and load it. It does not load the EXIF data. Which of course means Auto Matching profiles is shot.

NoiseNinja seems to have no problems reading the same EXIF and auto-matching its ISO800 profile...

What is happening?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Could you e-mail me a sample image showing this problem? I would then directly check what is wrong there.

Thanks,
Vlad
arkhangelsk

Post by arkhangelsk »

Picture sent. Hope you can receive.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you, file received. The problem is in the metadata of this image, they are corrupted. The application that saved this file (RawTherapee?) didn't fully write all parts of metadata, some are missing. I will check how we can make NI ignore such corrupted metadata but normally the problem should be solved at source - the application that writes such corrupted images should be fixed.

Update: we have added some checks to NI and it will now be able to cope with those kind of corrupted metadata. Please re-download NI.

Thank you,
Vlad