Why is this showing up on my desk top? - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Fallsroad

Why is this showing up on my desk top? - resolved

Post by Fallsroad »

I just reinstalled Neat Image Home to a new Windows XP install (XP SP2, patched, NI Home 5.8).

When I start the program a small window title bar appears in the lower left of my desktop right above the Start button - see picture - and I cannot get rid of it. The Restore and Close buttons do not function, but it will go away when I actually close Neat Image.

I've reinstalled NI a few times over the years as needed, but I've never seen this before.

How do I get rid of it?

I removed and installed NI several times to see if that would clear the problem, but it had no effect.

Thanks.

Picture of what I'm describing can be seen here. Zoom in to see full size.

http://picasaweb.google.com/fallsroad/T ... 2222413522
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This is not bug, this is normal. That is a minimized version of the Filtration Queue window. Press ESC to bring it up.

Vlad
Fallsroad

Post by Fallsroad »

NITeam wrote:This is not bug, this is normal. That is a minimized version of the Filtration Queue window. Press ESC to bring it up.

Vlad
OK.

Apologies for posting this in the wrong forum then. :)

I've never had the program behave this way before on installation.

Is there a way to have the Edit window open directly without a minimized version of the Filtration Queue also opening? That's how it used to function for me, before this reinstallation. I went through the options but didn't see anything obvious.

Thank you.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

No, it will be like this because this is how Windows works. It is Windows who places the minimized Filtration Queue window there.

You can disable opening the Filtration Job Editor by default (Options | General | Auto create new job at startup, disable), this will make the Filtration Queue window open in non-minimized state though.

Vlad
Fallsroad

Post by Fallsroad »

NITeam wrote:No, it will be like this because this is how Windows works. It is Windows who places the minimized Filtration Queue window there.

You can disable opening the Filtration Job Editor by default (Options | General | Auto create new job at startup, disable), this will make the Filtration Queue window open in non-minimized state though.

Vlad
My old Windows install is now on another machine (until I am sure the new install is stable and configured correctly, then it gets wiped), so I went to see if this behavior occurred there as well.

It does - I just somehow never noticed it before. I always start the edit window maximized, so I never noticed the minimized Queue window in that odd placement above the Start button.

Can't believe I am that unobservant. :)

Thanks for your time and help.