Neat image picture file size

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
goldragon

Neat image picture file size

Post by goldragon »

Hi,
I have been using NeatImage for long time and its a great product, but there is one problem that I thought wasnt an issue before.. but now as it keeps bothering me I think I better ask.

I always use "batch" to clean my image using NI, at first I select TIFF format, and the file size for all the images I have is 9MB which is a total shocked, then I tried to use BMP, still same result 9MB(3.2Mp camera). I thought BMP should be smaller than TIFF, then I check again that all of the files are same file sizes, which in reality should be as different images uses different colour.

Could you please investigate this issue, or if there is a solution for this?
NITeam

Re: Neat image picture file size

Post by NITeam »

goldragon wrote:I always use "batch" to clean my image using NI, at first I select TIFF format, and the file size for all the images I have is 9MB which is a total shocked, then I tried to use BMP, still same result 9MB(3.2Mp camera).
Which seems to be correct because 3Megapixels x 3 Bytes per pixel = 9MB
goldragon wrote:I thought BMP should be smaller than TIFF
Why would they be different if both types of files contained an uncompessed 24-bit RGB image?

Vlad
goldragon

Post by goldragon »

OK, thanks
I just thought strange, cos when I try to use photoshop to save the same pics using Photoshop, it reduces to around 3-5MB >_<