something unclear

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
rgiugliano

something unclear

Post by rgiugliano »

It's not working... I have tried it as a plug in and as the stand alone for the same picture and it won't work. It will build a profile, then I go Noise Filter Settings and hit preview, nothing happens. I thought maybe I would skip the preview and just apply. But still nothing happens. Anyone know what it could be? I tried it in CS2, and PSE4 and stand alone. I restarted my computer... nothing. It worked yesterday.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I can check what is going on if you send that image to support (at) neatimage.com. Please also describe all noise filter settings you use (some settings may disable filtration completely).

Thank you,
Vlad
rgiugliano

Post by rgiugliano »

I usually leave the defaults on, and when that didn't work I started playing around with it. Still it didn't work. Then I realized that I didn't have the latest version. So, I uninstalled mine and installed the new one. And guess what? It still didn't work. So, I thought maybe it was the image itself (like you suggested also), so I tried a different one. And sure enough, it worked. Since it worked on that one, I tried again with the other. And it worked. So, I did two more and then it stopped working again. To make sure it wasn't those images, I opened the original of the first one it worked on, and nope, it didn't work. I think it doesn't like me. (hee hee) It has done this before, but it didn't bother me so much as it did this time, since I was trying to get photos ready for viewing. Would you still like me to send you the image(s)?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Well, I would like to be able to reproduce the effect to see what is going on, because otherwise I can only guess. It may be related to profiles you build, to images content, their metadata, etc. If you can find a way to reliably reproduce the effect then it would greatly help me identify the cause. In any case, please feel free to send me a sample image and profile/preset you use. Also, please send a bug report to describe your system.

Also, please check whether filtration takes the same time in cases when there is a difference in output image and when the output is not changed.

Thank you,
Vlad