Neat Image Plugin crashing Photoshop CS2

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
lindap

Neat Image Plugin crashing Photoshop CS2

Post by lindap »

My Photoshop CS2 has crashed 5 or 6 times today, when I try to use the Neat Image plug-in. This has just started and doesn't do it on every image. I've not changed anything about either CS2 or Neat Image.
I'm running Windows XP Home, have 1.25 G of RAM, CS2 and Neat Image version 5.4. I'm filtering individual scanned 35 mm film negatives at 4000 dpi. Image sizes range from 25 to 100 megs each.
Anyone have any ideas how to resolve this?
Thanks, Linda
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

When does it crash, in which step of the workflow?

Please check whether the crash is reproducible: try to process the image that causes a crash a couple more times to see if the effect is reproducible with this specific image or it is completely random. If the effect is image-dependent then it may be useful to check the image itself to see what is wrong with it.

Please collect any error messages or crash reports you receive in this process and then let support know all these additional details by e-mail. Please also submit a bug report.

We will try to reproduce the effect and find a solution.

Thank you,
Vlad
lindap

Plug-in crashing Photoshop CS2

Post by lindap »

Thanks Vlad,
Sorry about the delay, we finally got a chance to use the software again this morning and I was able to collect the information you requested. I've sent it all to support and submitted a bug report also.
Thanks again, Linda