Quality drop when saving to BMP or JPG - unconfirmed

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Grinner

Quality drop when saving to BMP or JPG - unconfirmed

Post by Grinner »

Hello,
I have a strange problem: I just downloaded the trial version and also a noise profile for my Sony T9 camera. I've since been playing around a bit and found the noise reduction to be great, except for one problem. When I pick an image and reduce the noise on it in NI, the picture in the output window looks good, but the actual saved output image (be it jpeg or BMP) looks like it doesn't have enough colours and thus pretty bad.
If I save it as a Tif, it's fine. But the odd thing is, that the input image is JPG as well and the output quality is 95 (even tried 100, it doesn't matter).

Here's an example: Image
(in case the pic doesn't work, here's the url: http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=example1gt.jpg )

The left is the original, the middle is the Tiff and the right one is the jpg (which looks the same as the BMP would).

I'm not sure what causes it or what the workaround is.
It would be great if you could help me. Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The "trial version" (Demo edition) does not save output images in TIFF or BMP and with JPEG you cannot adjust the quality level. So, you are using something else, not our Demo edition. I believe you are using a corrupted version of our product. Please download the Demo edition from our webpage to make sure you use the genuine product.

Thank you,
Vlad
Grinner

Post by Grinner »

Strange. That must have been it. Apparently I previously had downloaded version 5.2 according to the last entry in the whatsnew.txt .
I got the new version from your site and now it saves the jpgs properly. Thanks!