Overflow error whan reading Powershot S3 pictures - fixed

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
wilkolunenburg

Overflow error whan reading Powershot S3 pictures - fixed

Post by wilkolunenburg »

When I load some pictures made with a Canon Powershot S3 IS, Neat Image generates an error called Exp: overflow error. You can just click the error away and the picture then is loaded. However the iso setting is wrong, it is always set to 2139095040.
I noticed that it never seems to happen when the pictures are shot in a "manual" mode. I have only seen it with pictures shot in the automatic modes such as Auto, Portrait, Sports, Landscape. In these modes the iso setting usually is auto and it looks as if Neat Image can not find the real iso setting. I have seen it take the subject-distance as the iso setting, but more often I get the overflow-error.

I (still) use the free Demo version of Neat Image version 5.4. If needed I can send some pictures that generate this error.

Thanks,

Wilko Lunenburg
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the report. Yes, I could reproduce this effect with one S3 IS image and we are checking what is causing it. It is possible that there is something unusual or unexpected in the EXIF data in such images. I think we will be able to resolve this issue in the nearest update of NI.

Thank you,
Vlad
wilkolunenburg

Post by wilkolunenburg »

Great service! I am eagerly awaiting the updated version.

Thank you.

Wilko Lunenburg
iceman_dl6

Post by iceman_dl6 »

I have the exact same problem with my Canon SD700IS! Please resolve it as soon as possible. I am using 5.4 Pro version of Neatimage.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This problem should be resolved by the latest updates. Please download v5.5.

Thank you,
Vlad
wilkolunenburg

Post by wilkolunenburg »

I am now running v5.5 (Home Ed.) Have not seen the overflow error anymore.

Thank you,

Wilko Lunenburg