Paint Shop Pro 10 Plug-in - PSP X issue

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
hlesley

Paint Shop Pro 10 Plug-in - PSP X issue

Post by hlesley »

I have Neat Image 5.3+ Home and Paint Shop Pro 10. I have the Neat Image plug-in installed in PSP 10. I have profiles downloaded from the Neat Image site for my cameras.

When I open Neat Image and open an image, it will match one of the profiles I have downloaded and I can correct the picture.

When I open PSP10, open an image and go to the Neat Image plug-in, it tells me it can't find a matching profile.
The reasons are:
1. The folder used for matching contains no suitable profile or no profiles at all (please check the profile matching settings in Neat Image options);
2. The ISO rate is not available from the standard EXIF section of the input image (please check the availability of the ISO rate value in the standard EXIF section of the input image).

Is there any way to get the PSP10 plug-in to work using a matching profile?

Thanks

Herman
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

This trouble is caused by PSP X. It does not provide the image's EXIF data to the plug-in and NI cannot do matching without the EXIF data. The only way to resolve this is to make PSP X provide the EXIF data to plug-ins. Corel can do easily add this capability to their product. Until they do please either use the standalone NI to do matching or use Neat Image plug-in with Photoshop or Photoshop Elements (both fully support and provide the EXIF data to plug-ins).

Hope this helps.
Vlad