D100 ISO EXIF not available - alternatives? - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
timowen

D100 ISO EXIF not available - alternatives? - resolved

Post by timowen »

I'm trying to use batch mode with NI. I understand Nikon incorrectly writes ISO EXIF info for the D100, so Neat Image is not recognizing the ISO value. Therefore NI cannot automatically batch images.

What is the best workaround? Open 1 image and save Noise Profile and Filter Preset? Note that the 100's of images I want to batch might contain several ISO, images sizes and shutter speeds. Is it critical to save Noise Profiles for images of different sizes? Thanks!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

You may want to send me a sample image that is not detected correctly by NI. I will check whether it is possible to read ISO from the image in principle.

Regarding possible workarounds, I suggest the following. Add all images to the filtration queue in NI and then sort the jobs by image ISO rates (click on the header of the ISO column). Those with no ISO detected will be grouped together and you will be able to select them and assign a specific noise profile and filter preset to them all at once.

Yes, images of different sizes may need different noise profiles because noise properties of the same camera working at different resolutions may be very different.

Hope this helps.
Vlad