Neatimage 5.1, PS plugin, memory problem - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
KevinB

Neatimage 5.1, PS plugin, memory problem - resolved

Post by KevinB »

Hi. I've read the threads on problems with the PS plugin and memory problems and that they have been solved.

Unfortunately for me, in my particular case I'm having the problem where Neat Image can't get enough memory.

I'm using NI in an unusual way, granted (export video clip from Adobe Premiere in filmstrip (flm) format, open that in Photoshop and use NI to clean up the sequence, save and reimport into Premiere) but what's happening seems odd to me.

If I process a filmstrip about 10 seconds (250 frames, file size 406MB) long there's no problem and Windows still shows 1.2GB of RAM available during the operation, but if I extend the length to 15 seconds (375 frames, 609MB) then I get an error saying that NI couldn't get enough memory and that it had requested 491641760 bytes. At that time there was more than double that amount available (1030MB). There's a total of 2GB RAM and the same in swap.

Photoshop prefs are usually set to 75% memory use but I've also tried settings of 25, 50 and 100% and this makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kevin.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Kevin,

Please restart the PC and try again. If this doesn't help, try to process a filmstrip using NI from a PS action instead of interactive mode.

Vlad
KevinB

Post by KevinB »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the quick reply. I wasn't expecting an answer on a weekend :)

Okay. The restart didn't make any difference, but the action method worked perfectly. I've done a little testing and so far have got up to a 20s filmstrip with no problems. Beyond that and RAM is not enough, so PS starts swapping and consequently slows down a lot. But 20s is plenty for my short clips so I'm happy :)

Thanks once again,

Kevin.