Problem with RGB ADOBE - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Ros

Problem with RGB ADOBE - resolved

Post by Ros »

Hi, I've got a problem. I shoot my photos with RGBa and when I try to correct them with neat image I can see how my color changes (it gets somehow darker, or poorer). The thing is that the color changes from the very moment I open the file, so it is not made by the neat image process. Looks like its color working way is not fully compatible with RGBa and pre-process the image to its color space.
Anyway to solve this?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Neat Image is fully compatible with all types of RGB images. However its image viewer is not using any color profile information from input image so the image may look a bit different in the NI internal viewer. This is not bug nor problem because the output image file will be in exactly the same type of RGB color space and will look not darker and not lighter than the input image (provided you use a non-Demo edition of Neat Image that preserves all image metadata like color profile). So, there is no problem, just save the output image and open the resulting file in your image editor. Remember that you have to use a non-Demo edition of Neat Image to preserve image metadata. Only in this case the output and input image will be shown using the same color profile.

Post by Guest »

thx for the indeed quick answer. Im taking a look on the photo after NI process and the metadata seem to be gone.
When I right click on the original photo in explorer I can see ISO, EV and so. When I click on the after NI photo, I cant check the ISO (well, only a few data are shown). Maybe I need a NI reinstall. I should be able to see fields as the ISO one on the .jpg made by NI, shouldn't I?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

If you use a non-Demo edition of NI AND the setting to preserve metadata is enabled in NI options then yes, the EXIF data should be preserved in the output JPEG files.