Neat Image Pro+ Plugin unresponsive in Photoshop - resolved

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
Ian Campbell

Neat Image Pro+ Plugin unresponsive in Photoshop - resolved

Post by Ian Campbell »

I just installed the upgraded to Version 5.0 of Neat Image for Windows. When I try running the plugin from Photoshop CS or Photoshop CS2, the only action recognized by the plug in is the ESC key to close the plugin dialog. Any other action on the plugin dialog has no response. i.e. clicking on menu items, tabs, buttons, wondows minimize, maximize etc. do not work. It is if there is a hidden dialog box in front of the plugin awaiting a response. The stand-alone version works correctly. Previous versions of neat image plugin worked correctly. Operating system is Windows XP with Service pack 2. 2 gig memory. P4 3gh processor.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please try to start it with the CTRL key depressed. This should help.

Also, please see this thread, especially if you use a Matrox video card.

Vlad
Ian Campbell

The CTRL key works

Post by Ian Campbell »

Vlad,

Thanks for your quick response. The CTRL key trick works. I do have a Matrox Millennium P650 dual head in stretched mode. Let me know if you need any other information.

Thanks,
Ian
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Ian,

Do you use Matrox software (QuickDesk or PowerDesk) to control the configuration of displays or it is Windows who is managing these things on your computer?

Thank you,
Vlad
Ian Campbell

Post by Ian Campbell »

Vlad

I am using Matrox Powerdesk-HF to control the display configuration.

Thanks,
Ian
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Ian,

I think it is Powerdesk who causes the trouble. If the display configuration was managed by Windows NI would work correctly. I wonder if you could test this hypothesis on your system.

Thank you,
Vlad
Rich Gibson

Matrox

Post by Rich Gibson »

I have the Matrox Parahelia 128 and running powerdesk. Pressing ctrl doesn't fix it. Turning off Powerdesk did, though. Would you like me to send you the drivers?
Rich
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please let me know the version number of the drivers and Powerdesk.

Thank you,
Vlad
Last edited by NITeam on Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Dear Neat Image users who run NI on dualhead Matrox videocards,

If NI works fine on your system or if it shows any problems, please send us (support at neatimage.com) screenshot(s) of Matrox Powerdesk settings, including settings specific to Neat Image. This will help us identify those settings in Powerdesk that may cause trouble with Neat Image.

Thank you,
Vlad