"Shift key for pixel-wise indication"?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
tomlouie

"Shift key for pixel-wise indication"?

Post by tomlouie »

I bought NI Pro+ recently, and love it. I was hooked from the first photo I worked on using the demo version. I love the fact that we have a choice of two ways to batch photos: thru the standalone queue or through Photoshop scripted actions. Hurray!

I'm puzzled over this explanation in the User Guide:
When using the noise profile equalizer, use the color indicator to simplify the fine-tuning process. Colored lines of the indicator show: which sliders of the equalizer correspond to the colors of the selected image area/pixel (use the Shift key for pixel-wise indication);
I've tried shift clicking all around those colored lines under the equalizer, and I can't figure out if I'm missing the effect (what's supposed to happen?) or if I'm doing it wrong.

Tom
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Try to press shift and move the mouse pointer over the pixels in the image. The color indicators will show the color range of the current pixel.

Vlad
tomlouie

Post by tomlouie »

Ahhhhh! Now I see, cool. I think I had the blue selection box active in the photo when I tried shift mousing in the photo the first time.

Maybe a future feature could be if the user shift clicks on one of the colored bars under the equalizer (like the red bar in the 3rd column) then all of the corresponding pixels in the photo that has that value (red, 3/9th brightness) would flash.

This way, the user can locate the sections of the picture that contain pixels of that color value that might be used to fine tune the noise profile.

Thanks for the help.

Tom
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Well, that is of course possible. However I think this would be of limited use because more people would use Auto Profile anyway. Manual fine-tuning is a slower and more labourious process.

Anyway, thank you for the suggestion.

Vlad