High resolution Picts

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Tascha

High resolution Picts

Post by Tascha »

Hello,

I purchased Neat Image 2.1 for Mac .
It works perfect with small Images. but I cant see a result when I´m using it on big images ( 2000x3000 pix) Why ?
MAC G4 / Photoshop CS
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Do you build a new noise profile (using Auto Profile) for large images? Do these large image contain enough flat featureless areas for noise analysis (see an example)?

Can you send (to the support address) a sample image that would demonstrate the lack of noise reduction after processing in Neat Image plug-in?

Thank you,
Vlad
Tascha

Post by Tascha »

NITeam wrote:Do you build a new noise profile (using Auto Profile) for large images? Do these large image contain enough flat featureless areas for noise analysis (see an example)?
Yes & Yes
NITeam wrote: Can you send (to the support address) a sample image that would demonstrate the lack of noise reduction after processing in Neat Image plug-in?

Thank you,
Vlad
i think I found the reason ! I downloaded Picts ( RAW) from my Cam ( Canon EOS 10D), and saved them as JPG before. After that I used Neat Image. Nothing happend ( or absolutly minimal).
But Neat Image works perfect with the RAW-files in PS. I thing it has something to do with the Exifs after saving the RAW-files as JPG.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I don't think that is the case. There must be something else.

On the other hand, if JPEG compression significantly changed noise properties then, if you would use profiles built from RAW then imperfect filtration is very much possible. You would have to build profiles from these JPEGs themselves to accurately filter them.

Vlad