Minolta A2 profiles

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Alex Ramsay

Minolta A2 profiles

Post by Alex Ramsay »

The Minolta A2 (RAW) profiles available here don't download properly (decompression failed). I'd like to make my own, but I'm not clear what settings to use when opening them in Photoshop CS (Camera RAW), or what they should be converted to. Also (separate question) I have made device profiles for the A2 (JPEG), but they often don't seem to give as good results as Auto Profile/Regular Image. On one noisy night shot (ISO 800) my profiles appear to leave odd patches of unconverted noise in some areas. What am I doing wrong?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

First of all, please make sure you use a reliable unzip software. Some buggy software tools are not able to work with archives that contain sub-folders (which is the case here).

Regarding your question, using Auto Profile almost always gives the best results provided the input image contain enough flat featureless areas for analysis. You could probably get a similar result by Auto Fine-tuning the ready-made profiles (the ones you created for JPEGs) using the input images. If the ready-made profiles were accurate then the overall result would be as good as one you got with Auto Profiling.

Vlad
Alex Ramsay

Minolta A2 profiles

Post by Alex Ramsay »

Thanks Vlad - unfortunately I can't Auto Fine Tune as I use the Mac version.

Alex
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

In this case you have to use Auto Profile at present. We will add AFT in the future versions too.

Vlad