Photohop Elements 2 problem

questions about practical use of Neat Image
galton

Photohop Elements 2 problem

Post by galton »

When using the full version of the plug-in, I get the following series of problems:
-A dialogue box comes up several (ten times +) every time I use the filter saying "Preferences were not loaded due to old version of Mac OS (Mac OS X recommended)". There is some logic to this, since I have to use Photoshop 2 in Classic running under OS X. Is there any solution to this? The strange thing is, I think the demo did not have this problem.
-The registration dialogue comes up at least twice each time I use the filter, and it doesn't remember the info entered.

Anybody else have this problem? Any suggested work-arounds? Is there an easy way to uninstall and then re-install to test this?

Thanks,

Greg
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

At the moment Neat Image is only guaranteed to work under OSX in Photoshop CS, 7, 6, 5; Photoshop Elements 2.0.

I believe the plug-in preferences are not saved because it is running in Classic. Try using PS Elements in native OSX to see whether this resolves the issue, otherwise there must be something else related to specifics of your computer causing that trouble.

We will try to reproduce this effect on our computers to see what can be done in Classic to resolve the issue.

Thank you,
Vlad
galton

Elements and Classic

Post by galton »

Unless I'm mistaken, Elements 2 only runs in Classic.

Thanks,

Greg
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Here is what I got from Adobe:
Requirements

Macintosh
PowerPC processor
Mac OS 9.1,9.2.x or OS X v.10.1.3-10-2
128MB of RAM with virtual memory on
350MB available of hard-disk
Color monitor capable of displaying thousands of colors at a resolution of 800x600 or greater
CD-ROM drive
So I believe it should run properly in OSX, probably even better than in Classic.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
galton

Elements and Classic

Post by galton »

Awfully embarrassing - discovered that I have elements 1.0 (could have sworn it was 2.0). Oh well, I had planned on upgrading any day now anyway. Apologies for the trouble, and thanks for the quick response.

Best,

Greg