UserGuide for the Mac version

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Chris

UserGuide for the Mac version

Post by Chris »

I am completely new to Neat Image, so had no experience with the windows version. I purchased the Mac plug in and Im usine it with PSE 2.x on a G4 under OSX 10.3.6

I am quite excited by some of the results, but I would benefit from understanding the controls

The windows user guide seems quite good, but it talks about 'luminance' and 'chrominance' - I can guess (but would like to know) what these terms mean as I have observed the effects of altering levels and saturation on noise in an image in PSE. However, when I look at the plug in, the control parameters are 'high' 'medium' ' low' 'Y' 'Cr' and 'Cb'

I have no idea what these parameters mean and even less idea how to manipulate them for optimuum effect on different types of noise

is there any kind of information out there (I have looked) that is specific to the parameter set in the Mac plug in????

Thanks for what looks like a potentially very interesting product!

Chris
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Chris, you are using the Pro plug-in /Mac and are talking about the user guide for that product. However from your words, I can see that you are referring to concepts that are not discussed in the /Mac user guide but only in the user guide of the Windows version of Neat Image. Could you please check once again what document you are using and where you downloaded it from?

Regarding noise levels and noise reduction amounts related to channel image components (Y, Cr, Cb) and frequency image components (high, medium, low, very low), you can find more information about these parameters in the pages 10-13 of Neat Image /Mac user guide.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Chris

Post by Chris »

Thanks - I found it!

Chris