Open input image

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image

Open input image

Post by Guest »

I wonder why the selected input file type (eg. *.jpg) can not be remembered when one goes opening the next file? Program does remember yet the output file type...
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I don't thing it is a bug, just the way it is implemented now. We can take this as a suggestion for improvement though. Thank you for that.

Vlad

Post by Guest »

Well, it's a bug in program designing ;-)

But to another topic... The exif data that NeatImage writes, is different at least in one point; the Exposure Time field. I use IrfanView to look pictures and Exif data and before using NeatImage on a picture tha value is 1/90 sec and after using NeatImage it's 458864/41297759 seconds.
The latter is a LITTLE difficukt to read...
I'm using IrfanView version 3.85.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

If you use something else, say Photoshop, does it also say "458864/41297759"? I guess it is a bug in IrfanView design though there is a good point in preserving the exact original value. Unfortunately this is not always possible.

Vlad

Post by Guest »

PhotoShop Elements shows 1/90 sec but that is not the point - the information is changed during NeatImage operation and I can see it using IrfanView..
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I got your point. :-)

My point is IrfanView is not displaying information in the most user-friendly way.

Vlad

Post by Guest »

I updated to IrfanView 2.92 and now it shows 1/90.0 secs ;-) It's easier to read now but there's still a difference - but who cares anymore ;-)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We will try to change that but there are some technical difficulties. We would correct that already if it was easy.

Vlad