Batch mode, d'loaded profile, various ISO...HOW?

questions about practical use of Neat Image
EarlyMan

Batch mode, d'loaded profile, various ISO...HOW?

Post by EarlyMan »

Hi All -

This product is great - however, I'm a bit overwhelmed by the user guide and all of the choices/options. So, forgive me if this is glaringly obvious and has been discussed at great length:

I have a folder of Canon MKII TIFs in it, at various ISOs. I want to batch them having NI use the d'loaded MKII profiles, not auto profiling. How do I do this?

Do I have to separate the images into folders of similar ISOs, or will NI accomplish this without separating them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I just shot a wedding of 475 RAWS; have just converted them in Canon's DPP into TIFs and am awaiting instructions. Thanks!

-EarlyMan
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

1) Set "Tools > Options > Profile Matching > Matching device noise profile folder" to point to the folder where MKII were unzipped.

2) In Batch window, select "Auto Match Profiles" in the Device Noise Profiles box.

3) Send the batch job to the queue and Neat Image will automatically assing matching profiles to all images.
EarlyMan

Thanks for the quick reply - just one more thing

Post by EarlyMan »

Hi -
I followed your instructions and everything seems to be working according to plan. I enabled the hyperthreading option (I have a 3.02 GHZ P4), and when the batch program runs, it processes 2 images at a time (I am guessing that 2 images are being profiled simultaneously because I selected hyperthreading, yes?). If by chance the 2 images that it processes at a time are shot at different ISOs, will it assign the correct profiles to each of them? The reason I ask this is because it shows only one profile in the "Device Noise Profile" window and I wanted to be sure that it wasn't using the same one for both, if they happen to be shot at different ISOs.

Also, when I selected the "Auto Match Profiles" option in the "Device Noise Profiles" section of the batch window, the "Auto Fine Tune Profile(s)) check box became available for selecting. Why might I want to use this option?

Thanks so much for your help!

EarlyMan
Gary Shepard
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, two images can be processed simultanteously if enabled in Options. Both are independently provided with matching profiles. The Device Noise Profile box (box, not window?) is shows the profile used with the image current open in Filtration Job Editor, which only works with one image at a time.

Auto Fine-Tuning, applied after Auto Matching, can make profiles better matching the specific properties of processed images. That can make noise reduction more accurate.

Vlad