Nice product but one question

general questions about Neat Image
Philip

Nice product but one question

Post by Philip »

I've been playing around with the demo version recently and have been very impressed. What surprised me was how much noise existed in my digital images that I hadn't been previously aware of. It wasn't until I processed some images with NI and then compared the 'before' and 'after' images that I realised this. The great thing is how naturally the application removes noise and leaves the image looking as if it hasn't been digitally processed.

NI also does a nice sharpening job. I use the Unsharp Mask in Photoshop for doing this as well but results are inconsistent. Photoshop's flexibility is wonderful but when there are a seemingly infinite combination of sharpening parameters it gets confusing knowing the right ones to use.

There is one thing that appeared to be missing in NI and I apologise if forum questions have already covered this but I haven't had time to look.

When closing an input image why is it necessary to do this via the File menu?? Why isn't there a 'X' in the top right-hand corner of the image as exists in every other application?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for your kind comments on the quality of Neat Image noise reduction and sharpening.

Regarding a 'X' to close an image, this symbol usually used in applications where you can open more than one document at the same time.

Filtration Job Editor in Neat Image is a part of the application that only processes a single document (image) at a time so there is no need to be able to close some of the documents - there is just one and if you open another one then it replaces the original. So there is no need to manually close an image.

Vlad
Philip

Post by Philip »

No problem, the praise is well deserved from what I have seen so far. Thanks for the explanation about closing input images. Yes, that makes sense. As a novice user though I instinctively went to close the open image before opening the next one and my instinct to close it led me to look in the top right hand corner for an 'X'. No problem.

Some more praise coming up, I hope this is not embarrassing you. It's very encouraging to see you actively monitoring and responding to this board. That tells me a lot about the level of support and customer satisfaction you want to provide.

It's very frustrating with other applications that the developers are plainly not interested in fixing bugs or making improvements once the initial product has been made available.

For the time being I will continue my evaluation of the demo version and hold off purchasing one of the full versions until I upgrade my Mickey Mouse Sony Cybershot (hopefully to a Canon 10D).

Best regards ....