Canon 1D Mark II Profiles

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
Hogleg44-40

Canon 1D Mark II Profiles

Post by Hogleg44-40 »

When I download the Profiles for the 1D Mark II and unzip the folder, there is nothing there. Am I doing something wrong, or have the profiles gotten lost in the download. The downloaded zip file size is 160KB. The unzipped folder is 0KB....??????
Paul A. Valentine
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I believe the unzipper you use is no good. Please use standard WinZip or WinRar instead.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
Hogleg44-40

Post by Hogleg44-40 »

Thanks. That worked. I downloaded and installed Winzip and that did it. Curious though because the builtin Win XP unzipper worked on all of the other profiles I saved.?????
Paul A. Valentine
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I believe it has to do with how Windows unzipper deals with subfolders in an archive. Maybe there is a bug in the unzipper.

Vlad
taob

Post by taob »

I've run into this problem elsewhere too... perhaps the problem here is due to this:

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/926458/posts
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

In the link, people mention WinRar as an alternative to WinZip. It works with ZIP files but also offers its own even better archive format - RAR. I personally use RAR for about 10 years and it proves to be more reliable and efficient in most of my tasks.

WinRar will unzip the profile sets from Neat Image webpage without any problem too.

Vlad