small, small praise for 4.0 installer

general questions about Neat Image
WarpedEye

small, small praise for 4.0 installer

Post by WarpedEye »

Just installed 4.0, and though I haven't tried it yet, I just want to give compliment to a minor detail during the installation process:
You actually gave me A CHOICE wether I wanted icons on the start menu or not. I always get annoyed when I can't choose, so thanks for that minor detail!
Same goes for the "send to" option during installation, a quite useful function.

4.0 is just missing one thing, something I've been missing since I started using this excellent program: PNG support. Heh, guess I'm the only person here who saves my work in this open source format. =)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, we did try to make these things configurable so that people could select.

PNG.. - Well, this may be added in the future.

Thank you,
Vlad
Trevor Morris

Post by Trevor Morris »

Nope, you're not the only one. It has been requested before, and I too prefer the PNG format in many circumstances...although I tend to use TIFF7 to save my digital photos.
Cheers,
Trevor
taob

Post by taob »

I would also like to see PNG support. Input and output, 16-bit channels, retain alpha channel, retain ICC profile and other metadata, etc.
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I also would like PNG to be able to keep EXIF data. AFAIK it is not able to do this.

Vlad
Trevor Morris

Post by Trevor Morris »

Yes...true, there is that probem!
Cheers,
Trevor