EXIF Data from Canon RAW Converter to Neat Image

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Beverly Sampson

EXIF Data from Canon RAW Converter to Neat Image

Post by Beverly Sampson »

My license is Pro +. When opening an image in Neat Image either from inside PS CS or stand alone, none of the EXIF data from the RAW conversion using Canon RAW Converter or using PS CS raw converter is available on opening the image in Neat Image. I always receive the message that Neat Image searched for a matching profile but found none or words to that effect. What am I doing wrong??

Bev
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Beverly,

Most likely, the images opened in Photoshop or converted with PS CS raw converter really contain no EXIF information.

Also possible that you use old (not updated) version of PS CS that cannot properly save the EXIF information in the standard format. Please check the manufacturer website for possible updates.

Regarding the message about matching - you can switch it off in Neat Image Options:
Tools > Options > Profile Matching > Auto match on image open
- disable this option and Neat Image will not try to automatically find a matching profile when you open the plug-in, which is anyway impossible if Photoshop provides no EXIF data to the plug-in.

Vlad

P.S. I have already sent you an e-mail earlier today, did you receive it? In your e-mail, you said that in raw images converted with PS CS you could see EXIF data, while in images converted with Canon Raw Converter your couldn't. Did anything change since then?
Beverly Sampson

RAW image EXIF and Neat Image

Post by Beverly Sampson »

Hi Vlad. Thank you for your post. Yes, I did receive your email and because I am new to Neat Image, I hate to admit but I do not know how to send you a profile made in Neat Image of image from PS CS and from Canon Raw image converter. I will tell you that even though I can see EXIF info in PS CS from PS CS ACR 2.1 (the latest lever), it does not transfer into Neat Image. Even ISO info is not there. However, with Canon RAW Converter, nothing carries over to Neat Image except "D60 Camera".

I downloaded profiles for D60 from Neat Image website and copied into neat image profile folder but still Neat Image cannot match the ISO 400 profile to image. I guess that is because ISO 400 does not carry over.

Thank you for the suggestion to shut profile matching off. I will do that.

Bev.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Beverly,

Please check the userguide about building noise profiles and then please send me two noise profiles by e-mail. This will be two *.dnp files on the disk, you will select where to save them. Just attach them to an e-mail.

Thank you,
Vlad
buckwem

Post by buckwem »

The Canon raw converter does not transfer EXIF data to 16-bit TIFF files. If does transfer it to JPEG and 8-bit TIFF but it is not readable by NeatImage.

Mark
buckwem

Correction: 16-bit TIFF does have EXIF data

Post by buckwem »

Just checked again - 16-bit TIFF does have EXIF data. The standalone tool has the option of EXIF 8-bit TIFF or 16-bit TIFF. I assumed the absence of EXIF in the title meant no EXIF but that is incorrect.

Mark