Installing 4.0 and PS CS; AbsSoft Appears on Filter Menu

general questions about Neat Image
paulbeiser

Installing 4.0 and PS CS; AbsSoft Appears on Filter Menu

Post by paulbeiser »

Greetings,
I uninstalled 3.5.1+ Pro, and installed 4.0 Pro. Working great, except the 3.5.1 uninstaller did not remove "AbsSoft" from the PS CS Filter Menu. Can anyone explain how I can do this?? Or what I did wrong?

tnx!
Paul
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I believe you did not remove the v3.1 plug-in from Photoshop. You had to do this manually, as the download instruction explained. Just delete the file (NeatImage.8bf) you copied to Photoshop when installing v3.1 plug-in.

Vlad
pbeiser

Post by pbeiser »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the quick reply! I found it: Photoshop CS\Plug-Ins\, but when I remove it (I just renamed it) and bring CS back up, the neat Image menu item is gone and the old AbsSoft menu item is there!! Doesnt make sense..'

tnx for your help.
paul
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Did you really uninstall the v3.1? - It must be still on the disk if Photoshop is able to find the plug-in. Probably you installed v3.1 plug-in using Method 2 (adjusting Photoshop preferences).

Uninstall v3.1 completely, then install v4.0.

Vlad
pbeiser

Post by pbeiser »

Hello Vlad,

When I uninstalled V3.1, I ran the uninstaller from the AbsSoft menu, and it removed everything except noise profiles in "Neat Image 3.1 Pro Plus/PROFILES". So.. maybe hand removing this will help, and then I should download new profiles?

What do you mean "adjusting Photoshop preferences"?

tnx! Appreciate the help.
pbeiser

Post by pbeiser »

btw, where is the 4.0 Plug-In installed?

tnx
Paul
pbeiser

Post by pbeiser »

Think I found it, based on your hint about PS preferences, and you were correct!
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

V4.0 plug-in is installed in Photoshop. You deleted it earlier when trying to remove v3.1 plug-in. Just re-install v4.0 and it will be back.

Vlad
pbeiser

Post by pbeiser »

Thanks, Vlad. Got it all working!

Take care,
Paul