Noise reduction in version 3 vs 4

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Mike

Noise reduction in version 3 vs 4

Post by Mike »

Hello,

I am a long-time user of NI, and just upgraded from version 3 Pro + to version 4 Pro +. If I generate an Auto Profile, and then load the most agressive preset, I still get almost no correction to the image. The good news is that I get no change a lot faster than it used to run.

I have read the PDF manual and can't see that additional steps were added which I could be missing. Haven't others mentioned a major difference in going to 4.0?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Could you post or e-mail the image and preset you use?

Thank you,
Vlad
cyberben

Post by cyberben »

I have noticed that too. I have found that I have to use a device profile that I have created and saved. The auto profile doesn't seem to work. I figured I was doing something wrong.
taob

Post by taob »

I recreated my full set of profiles with 4.0 (ISO 100 to 3200 in 1-stop increments, then three copies of each at EV0, EV+1 and EV+2) using the batch profile generator, and my first impression is that the filtering is actually too strong. But I've only tried them out with a bunch (over 500) of ISO 1600 images from a recent hockey tournament. I need to go back and re-filter images from older shoots to see how they compare with 3.x output.
NeatImage Pro Plus 5.0 + dual Opteron 244 + Windows XP SP2 + FreeBSD 5.2