Batch use and auto profile match

questions about practical use of Neat Image
Adam Colley

Batch use and auto profile match

Post by Adam Colley »

I have a folder containing 30 images from a 10D and a D60.
They vary in ISO from 100/200/400.

I want to be able to batch the whole lot using auto profiling, but only run the neat image on files above 200 iso on the 10D and above 100 iso on the D60.

I don't want to search through them all to sort out which ones need doing.

I have tried removing the profiles for the lower ISO's but when neat image is run and then finds say a 10D file @ 100 iso, it displays a text box to tell you it can't match a profile and just waits.

I would like it to ignore that image and go onto the next.

Is this somehow possible ?

Thanks

Adam
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think this is not directly possible, we would have to modify the software to enable such a functionality. Perhaps at this moment, the easiest is to group the images according to their ISO rates using some third party EXIF viewer/renamer like Thumber.

We will consider adding such a functionality directly in Neat Image in the future versions.

Thank you,
Vlad
adam

Post by adam »

I tried again, and now realise that if I remove the low iso profiles that I don't want to use, it only brings up the 'can't match the iso' window as they are fed into the filtration que. This is not so much of a problem as just clicking ok continues the feed to the que.

The 'can't match the iso' images are then set with the status not ready, and therefore just ignored as the batch is run.

It might be an idea in your next release to add an option to enable the use of all available profiles, or select which ones you want to use from a list.

Just selecting 'clean images > 400iso' wouldn't work for me as I use 2 cameras and want to clean from different iso ratings on each camera.

Thanks

Adam