Saving Processed Files

general questions about Neat Image
Keith Cocker

Saving Processed Files

Post by Keith Cocker »

Hello,

I am considering buying NI Pro+ to use with Photoshop CS. I use RAW and then process and save to PSD format. If I apply NI processing with the CS Plugin can I save my files in PSD format - I only saw mention of JPEG and Tiff in your web site.

Thanks
imagegod

Post by imagegod »

I have and I imagine you should be able to also (although NI should probably answer directly). However, the real reason I'm replying is because I don't think the NI website makes the program's full technical/artistic functionality clear. (I could be wrong...it's a pretty deep site).

Digital imaging is a booming industry. A lot of people who don't know a pixel from a plugin will be purchasing digital imaging devices. I think it should be made clear just how useful NI can be.

Inside photoshop cs, a plugin treats a file just like any other filter. You can precisely fade the filter, you can instantly re-do the filter...whatever a ps filter can do, NI can do. While this is stated, there a lot of people (me included), who don't (or didn't) know how generally useful Photoshop plugins can be.

Also, there's an artistic functionality that isn't stated (or even hinted at): The Blur function in ps can create some troublesome artifacts...while NI isn't specifically a blur filter, it can act like one. And sometimes better than the supplied filters.

Just my 2 cents worth.
Imagegod
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

imagegod, thank you for your comments and clarifications. I am sure this is helpful to people new to the plug-in concept in Photoshop.

Keith, yes, you will be able to save the output of Neat Image plug-in to PSD or any other format supported by Photoshop. This is because it is Photoshop who actually opens and saves images files while the plug-in only applies certain transformations to an image already opened by Photoshop.

Vlad
Last edited by NITeam on Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Cocker

Post by Keith Cocker »

Thanks for the replies. I'm off to order a copy!