Neat Image and Photoshop v7.0.1

questions about practical use of Neat Image
jaodermatt

Neat Image and Photoshop v7.0.1

Post by jaodermatt »

AMDprocessor, Winxp, 512mg ram, PS v 7, Neat Image - Demo version
Input jpg slide corrected via PS7 and input this jpg into NI-Demo, corrected noise via default settings, (Y, Cr,Cb), and saved as jpg file. Wanting to remove some black blodges in the sky, I brought it into PS7 and removed the black blodges, I then saved the file as jpg in PS7, but PS7 froze solid. I was not able to do anything in PS7, other than to go to task manager and end PS7 application. This also happened with Photoshop Elements 2, it also froze and had to end application via taskmanager in winxp. I then repeated the above sequence by changeing NI default to RGB setting, PS7 saved file okay on the first try, but froze again on another save sequence with RGB setting. No layers or alpha channels used in Adobe products.
My question is; Is this a bug in Neat Image? Although by default NI outputs the corrected file in 24 RGB.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Could you send me an image that allows to reproduce this effect? There may be a bug in PS or NI and I have to be able to reproduce the effect to accurately answer your question.

Thank you,
Vlad
jaodermatt

Post by jaodermatt »

How do I send a jpg 207kb and the filtered jpg 710kb to You for repeat sequence outlined?
JAOdermatt
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Preferably by e-mail, support@neatimage.com

Thank you,
Vlad
jaodermatt

Post by jaodermatt »

Well, I just repeated the above sequences, and PE2 and PS7 saved both RGB
and YCrCb rough filtered images. What went wrong yesterday, I do not know, so it becomes a none issue. Why both programs would not save last nite and hang is now a mystery! But I tried previously filtered jpgs that hung PE2 and PS7 yesterday, but, now save okay.
Thanks for Your quick response and attention. Now, it looks like I will buy this program, it is just amazing how it cleans my scanned slides!
John Odermatt
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank for the update. Please let me know if you ever see the same effect again.

Vlad