Print Image Matching (PIM) compatibility?

general questions about Neat Image
funchy

Print Image Matching (PIM) compatibility?

Post by funchy »

Hi...

To get maximum color information, I begin editing my digital pics by first importing them with the Print Image Matching (PIM) import in Photoshop. I am just now trying out your product, and I was wondering how Neat Image preserves the PIM information in my digital pics?

One idea I had was to Import > PIM in Photoshop, then save as a TIF without clicking any of the checkboxes for new colorspace (thereby hopefully preserving the PIM color info). But when I opened the photo (both the original and the imported/resaved one), there is no indication Neat Image kept the PIM info. After running NeatImage, I opened the file back in Photoshop and it had no clue what colorspace the picture should have been.

I have the demo version. Does the full version preserve the PIM color info?

If not, would buying the Pro+ version and the Photoshop plug-in version of it definitely solve this problem?

I hope I explained my situation well. Thanks for your help!

-May
funchy@zoominternet.net

-----------------
Win XP system using Photoshop 7 and CS
Sony f717 images - TIFF and Jpeg format images,EXIF and PIM compatible
PIM photoshop plug-in provided by epson (used with my PIM-compatible Epson 2200 printer)
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

First of all, the Demo edition does not preserve any of the PIM information in processed images.

If we consider non-Demo editions of Neat Image as they are now, the best way to preserve all info you want to keep is to use the Photoshop workflow when Photoshop takes care of the PIM information and the Neat Image plug-in only has to deal with image information alone provided by Photoshop. Therefore I suggest using the plug-in from the Pro+ edition in this situation.

The standalone non-Demo editions of Neat Image do preserve PIM information but only for TIFF images. In the future we will add support for JPEGs as well.

Hope this answers your questions.

Vlad
Last edited by NITeam on Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funchy

Post by funchy »

Thank you very much! You answered all my questions. I must say I am very impressed with the speed and quality of your support answers. :D