Extra options not showing up ?

general questions about Neat Image
jgayman

Extra options not showing up ?

Post by jgayman »

I've been using NI since version 2.3 and am currently running 3.15 Pro+ and the PS plug-in. I keep hearing folks talking about using the "remove half noise" option. I don't seem to be able to access the extra features menu. When on the Noise Filter Settings tab I click the down arrow on RecentPreset and nothing happens. I understand that clicking this should pull down a menu with extra options. Any idea why I may not be seeing it ? Thanks.

-- John
sfink16

Re: Extra options not showing up ?

Post by sfink16 »

jgayman wrote:I've been using NI since version 2.3 and am currently running 3.15 Pro+ and the PS plug-in. I keep hearing folks talking about using the "remove half noise" option. I don't seem to be able to access the extra features menu. When on the Noise Filter Settings tab I click the down arrow on RecentPreset and nothing happens. I understand that clicking this should pull down a menu with extra options. Any idea why I may not be seeing it ? Thanks.

-- John
That's intersting. My old 2.5 Home version has it. For that version I have to click on the "open filter preset" icon found on the "Noise Filter Settings" Tab/page. From there I seleect the folder "Retain natural image look. There's where I find the "remove only half the noise.nfp".

Steve
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

To use popup menus with filter presets and noise profiles, please make sure the values of the following settings are correct:

- Options | Folders | Profile folder/directory
this should point to a folder with noise profiles (*.DNP files); it is wise to keep the profiles somewhere like C:\NI\PROFILES;

- Options | Folders | Preset folder/directory
this should point to a folder with filter presets (*.NFP files); it is wise to keep the profiles somewhere like C:\NI\PRESETS; by default this settings point to the /PRESETS/ subfolder of Neat Image program folder. For example, you can copy the presets from this subfolder to C:\NI\PRESETS and adjust the setting in NI options. Then you can save your own presets to the same folder and these presets will be available in the popup menu.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
jgayman

Post by jgayman »

That was it !! My directory settings were still pointing to the locations for NI 2.3. Duh!

Thank you very much for the quick response !!!

-- John