No Profiles in Demo version Thinking of purchasing software

general questions about Neat Image
Peter

No Profiles in Demo version Thinking of purchasing software

Post by Peter »

Hi,

I have a 10D (just got it) and read on pcphotoreview.com about Neat Image software. I downloaded the demo version, but it has no profiles at all, so not sure what this programe does, apart from the cute image of the flower at the top left of the forum pages.

How can I find the 10D profiles specific to Neat Image to see how they work, before taking the jump to purchase what appears to be very good software for noise reduction.

Regards

Peter
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Peter,

1) You can build profiles yourself. Neat Image is designed to make this easy.

2) There is a library of ready-made profiles (including ones for 10D).

3) Start from the Quick start guide to learn how to use Neat Image.

Vlad
Flashram

From Peter, I forgot to register with the first post.

Post by Flashram »

NITeam wrote:Peter,

1) You can build profiles yourself. Neat Image is designed to make this easy.

2) There is a library of ready-made profiles (including ones for 10D).

3) Start from the Quick start guide to learn how to use Neat Image.

Vlad
thanks for the reply Vlad.

I downloaded some of the 10D profiles from the library. I did look around the forum quite a bit before hand before posting a question, did many searches too. I have the profiles, but where do you put them so the program recognises the profiles. I assumed in the profile directory which is created when you install the demo program. Is this wrong.

I have had a little fiddle with the program but wasn't sure as there wasn't any profiles coming up when I loaded the image into the program.

I have started reading the Quick Start Guide and the pdf users manual but I am more a hands on person than trying to read online and do in another window, if you get what I mean by that. Hate swaping windows all the time.
Regards,

Peter
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Profiles are just files. You can open them in NI using the file open dialog invoked by Profile | Open... menu time.

To make profiles available through the popup menu, set the Profile folder/dir option to the folder where you have unzipped the profile set. Or just put the profile set to "C:\Program Files\Neat Image 3.0 Demo\PROFILES\".

Vlad
Flashram

Thanks Vlad, I will try again

Post by Flashram »

in the morning, after reading through the pdf file fully.
Regards,

Peter