can't set infinite focus for test target

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
heribert

can't set infinite focus for test target

Post by heribert »

I have started to use an HP Photosmart 735 and want to create some profiles using your test target. But it is not possible to set my camera dircectly to infinte focus, which you told to be imported for shooting the test target. May it be an alternative to use Macro Modus with a longer distance? (It would cover a little more than the test target. I have 3 MP) Or may I try to set the autofocus using an other target far away? In this case correct exposure wil be a problem. Do you have any suggestions? How important is the infinite focus at all?

Best regards and thanks for a rearly effective program, though I tried it today the first time.

Best regards,
Heribert
fefifo

Post by fefifo »

The intent is too get an out of focus image to supress any details that might be interpreted as noise. I just adjust the focus to get a blury image and it works just fine.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Heribert,

You could use autofocus on another target or macro - it doesn't really matter as long as you receive an out-of-focus shot of the target. This is important to avoid any textures or any other details in the flat patches of the target. Neat Image only wants the camera noise and this is exactly what is available in an out-of-focus shot.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope you will get good results with Neat Image.

Vlad
heribert

thanks

Post by heribert »

Thanks Vlad and Mike (Fefido) for the fast and clear answers (clearer than my question :) )!
It helps me to understand what is going on. I think I will use macro. Set the autofocus from a farer point and then go closer to the target for the shoot.
You don't need to answer again to this. Thanks to you and every one, inclusive users, who is partcipating.
Heribert