What exactly is neat image pro+ ?

general questions about Neat Image
cmdoc

What exactly is neat image pro+ ?

Post by cmdoc »

I have neat image pro and I went to the website to get the latest version. I was offered an upgrade to pro+, but I couldn't find anything that explained what I would be getting if I upgraded.

Can anyone help out with an explanation?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

The Pro+ edition in addition to the standalone application includes a plug-in for Photoshop. In the plug-in, you can do practically all things you do with the standalone application, but you can do this inside of Photoshop. Photoshop plug-in can be used from actions and Photoshop batch function.

Hope this helps.

Vlad
cmdoc

Post by cmdoc »

Thank you very much.
F. L. McGinn

Post by F. L. McGinn »

:D And let me say, from a "newbie" standpoint, that Neat Image is one of the greatest programs out there. I have an 85-year-old paper photograph of a WWI (World War I) soldier that I treasure. I scanned it at high res, and produced a prodigiously large image that carried not only the "noise" from the scan, but the noise from the matte finish of the ancient paper print. It was nearly unusable. After trying MANY things in Photoshop, in Paint Shop Pro, and in other programs, I ran in through Neat Image. Oh, Man! It turned out wonderfully. The "noise" disappeared nearly completely, the picture smoothed out, and I now have a beautiful picture that still preserves the sepia tones of the original, but has NONE of the pock-marked aspects of the original matte finish print. I love Neat Image, and I recommend it to EVERYONE.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I am pleased that the product of our team has the honour of processing such a historical image and produces good results.

Thank you!
Vlad