New Canon EOS 10D Device Profile

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here

New Canon EOS 10D Device Profile

Post by Guest »

Well, I finally got un-lazy. I ripped out my backdrop, printed out the Neatimage calibration target to a 13x19 sheet of Matte paper, hung it up, broke out the tripod, and profiled my 10D.

You can download the profile I created here.

I also have a few ISO 1600 before/after samples here.

I used BreezeBrowser to convert my 10D shots, and did NOT use its built in noise reduction technology. I let neatimage do all the work.

Enjoy!
kweckstrom

Post by kweckstrom »

Oops, didn't mean to post that as Guest :)

Sorry about that.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thanks a lot, Karl!

I will download the profiles and then post them on NI webpage if everything is fine.

Thank you!

Vlad

P.S. Have just published them.
MikeDRiley

Post by MikeDRiley »

Please excuse me for seeming bold, but I have had good success with the Minolta 7i profiles, and I came running here now that I have the Canon Digital Rebel. I say bold, because I'm lazy enough to be here looking for someone else to have done all the work. :lol:

I have seen postings by others who say they are having good luck with your 10D profiles on their DRebel images. This would seem to be true on the surface, because the captured images are very nearly the same in terms of technology.

BUT I wonder. Since the 10D profiles in BreezeBrowser and the PhotoShop RAW converter do not work on the Rebel images, then there must be enough differences in file structure to invalidate the calim of sameness.

In fact, I processed an image using Neat Image and a Minolta 7i profile, and then processed the same image using one of your 10D profiles. The Minolta profile turns out a better result! A little less noise, and no colour change at all, while the 10D profile is just a touch grainer (but you really have to look closely in zoom mode), and definitely darker.

So while I am saying that it might be wise for us Rebel users to create a new set of profiles now, I'm also wondering just how valid any of these profiles are, in terms of their differences between cameras? They are definitely useful for removing grain, no argument there, but do we need a different set for each camera type or even brand?
... Mike
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

MikeDRiley wrote:...but do we need a different set for each camera type or even brand?
The above immediately follows from the user guide. For example, check the comments at http://www.neatimage.com/ug/Prepare_rough_DNP.htm

Vlad