Fine tuning.

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
gleb

Fine tuning.

Post by gleb »

I use Neat Image pro 2.21.
I've selected the uniform image area and clicked "rough noise analyser" button. Now i want to fine tune image. i've selected a few other uniform image areas with different color and brightness and clicked "fine-tuning analyzer" a few times.
To complete the above process i've clicked "Auto-fine tune". But it seems that this "auto-fine" process have changed dramatically all values of the equalizer.
Here are my questions:
- Does "auto" fine tuning completely overrides the smaller "fine tuning" steps?
- Should i use "auto" and "manual" fine tuning together or they are mutually exclusive?
- What's the more precise recommended way to create DNP for images with small number of unform data areas?
- ....with large number of unform data areas?

Thanks.
I am happy user anyways, just want to "fine-tune" my skills, using your tool.

Gleb
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, if you use the auto fine-tuning together with the manual fine-tuning then you need to use auto first and do manual fine-tuning afterwards. Otherwise, the results of manual fine-tuning are overwritten by auto fine-tuning and thus become useless.

Yes, you can use auto and manual fine-tuning together, they are not mutually exclusive.

We have a list of recommended ways to build noise profiles:
http://www.neatimage.com/profiling.html
There are ways to build a profile even when there are not many flat featureless areas in your working image.

If you have many areas, just use your working image to build a profile with the auto fine-tuning for higher speed, or with manual fine-tuning (or with auto+manual) for higher accuracy.

Hope this helps.

Vlad
gleb

Post by gleb »

Great, thanks for quick reply.
Gleb