Neat Image disappeared from the list of filters in CS4

general questions about Neat Image
gmcmeikan

Neat Image disappeared from the list of filters in CS4

Post by gmcmeikan »

Hi everybody,

Something weird has happened. I have been using Neat Image 7 Pro with Photoshop CS4 for several years, and it has always worked like a charm. Today I've realized that NI is no longer on the list of filters. I tried to reinstall my version 7, or download v8 demo, or manually copy-paste the plugin file into plugin or filter folders, restarted CS4, rebooted the computer - no luck. Also tried this:
go to menu Preferences > Plug-ins, enable Additional Plug-ins Folder and select this folder:
/Applications/Neat Image for Photoshop/ Then restart Photoshop. This should make Neat Image available.
What do I do now?

No changes to the system has been made. The only recent trouble with CS4 was that it started to inactivate video card driver (?) from time to time due to some conflict. Manually changing GPU settings and restarting CS4 fixes the issue. My notebook is Macbook pro with Bootcamp and Win 7.
gmcmeikan

Post by gmcmeikan »

Well, the only thing which has worked is installing v8 demo 32bit.
It is probably 32 vs. 64bit conflict (my CS4 is 32 bit and Win7 is 64 bit) although I don't understand why v7 worked before and disappeared only now. Could be some recent windows update which finally killed it.

Looks like I will have to pay for upgrade to v8. If I activate v8 32bit now can I use this key for v8 64 later when I upgrade my Photoshop to 64bit?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I guess you installed and used the 32-bit version of Neat Image 7 earlier but then started the 64-bit version of Photoshop.

Please try to install the 64-bit version of Neat Image 7. It will add the 64-bit plug-in to 64-bit Photoshop and it will show up in its Filter menu.

Thank you,
Vlad