Neat Image community Forum Index
www.neatimage.com
Neat Image community
support - help - questions and answers - sharing experience and opinions - feedback - suggestions - backup contact

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Mathematical Methodology using Sparsity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Image community Forum Index -> New features
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: New Mathematical Methodology using Sparsity Reply with quote

Please read the entire article. Could you use this technique to recover poorly sampled/noisy images?

http://www.wired.com/magazine/2010/02/ff_algorithm/all/1

Thanks,

Dan
NITeam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not very suitable for modern digital cameras, the way their hardware capture images. The software side would have some problems too, but if hardware is not suitable to use that method then it doesn't really matter. Not to say that the method is not good, it is certainly good but good in circumstances different than what we usually deal with in digital cameras and images they produce.

Vlad
Dan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for you quick reply. After I followed up on the article cited I learned that the image must be acquired using very special hardware which ensures that the image is sampled randomly. For anyone interested in the entire technical details the following link will take you there.

(note page works w IE but not FFox)
http://content.digitalwell.washington.edu/msr/external_release_talks_12_05_2005/15994/lecture.htm

I did not have a chance to edit my note before the time you had already replied. It's comforting to confirm, in another way once again, that you guys at NeatImage are fully up to date and awfully smart Smile

Thanks,

Dan
NITeam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and yes you are certainly right, the hardware has to be special to support that method. Digital cameras work somewhat differently, so we have to use other methods with their images.

Kind regards,
Vlad
Drazick

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This method is generalized by Dictionary Learning.

To some extent, I guess you could say that Wavelets are also Dictionary based method.

So Neat Image is related to this Smile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Neat Image community Forum Index -> New features All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: