Can't use NeatImage-6 with Wine under Slackware64 multilib

resolve technical issues related to use of Neat Image
rlx

Can't use NeatImage-6 with Wine under Slackware64 multilib

Post by rlx »

Hi,

I have been successfully running NI-6 under Wine/Slackware32 for some years. After getting a new disk I Installed Slackware64 with the multilib libraries and the latest Wine binary (1.5.30).

I was not sure if Wine would work correctly in that setup but it turns out that I can run IrfanView and ScanTailor. NeatImage6 starts and asks for the registration code, then after accepting the code it displays a window very briefly but it 'iconifies' itself so I can't use the program. Double clicking on the icon just shows the window very briefly again before NeatImage re-iconifies by itself :( .

Has anyone met this problem? Is there a fix?

Thanks for any clue.
Last edited by rlx on Wed May 15, 2013 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

We haven't seen such a problem before. Could you post (or e-mail to NI support) a screenshot showing the "iconized" NI please? Does the icon react on right-clicks or Esc button? Perhaps the window of the application is off screen for some reason?

Please also check if Neat Image 7 for Linux works on your machine.

Thank you,
Vlad
rlx

Post by rlx »

Hi Vlad,

Thanks for the answer. It might be my setup then or maybe I should try an older and more stable version of Wine. I am new to the 64bit version of Linux.

I made a couple of screenshots. The first one,

shows that NI indeed started. Then the next picture shows NI iconified.

Then if I double click on the icon, a second identical icon appears adjacent to the first icon but under it and it disappears after one second. It disappeared too quickly so I could not make a snapshot of it. Then the message "fixme:event:wait_for..." appears in the terminal window.

Pressing ESC or right-clicking the icon has no effect . Middle-click has the same effect as double-click: a second icon pops up for one second and then disappears.

The normal NI window is nowhere to be found.

I installed NeatImage7 for Linux and it works fine as expected.

I am happy to learn that no one else complains of this problem, then it must be some installation related issue and I should get through that problem as I gain more experience with the 64bit multilib stuff.

Thank's again.

Richard