Nikon D3x profiles to post

look for ready-made device noise profiles and offer your own ones here
twillick

Nikon D3x profiles to post

Post by twillick »

Hi all,

I have just finished generating a set of profiles for my Nikon D3x (ISO 100, 200, 400, and 800 / 10s to 1/250s). I was going to post them here, but I don't see anyway of posting a file. Let me know if I am missing something.

Also, I noticed that on some of my "batch" generated profiles, I had a quality match of, say, 43%. It varied and was only 5 profiles. However, when I went back in and manually ran the profile on the same image, the QI jumped to >>90% (varied from 93 to 95%).

Batch Process:
- open all images in ACR
- turn off ACR sharpening and turn on Lens Correction
- save all images as TIFF
- open PS CS6 and run batch profiling on the folder with these images

Manual Process
- open image in ACR, make sure adjustments were not changed (i.e., were the same as in the batch process)
- continue to PS CS6 where I ran a manual Auto Profile
- save the profile to the Profile Folder.

Any idea why the difference in the quality index?

thanks,
-Scott.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

To publish the set of profiles in the library please send them (structured and documented as recommended in the user guide) in one ZIP file to support [at] neatimage.com . We will check the profiles and if everything is fine then will publish this set in the library.

Regarding the difference between profiles produced by Batch Profiler and profiles produced by Auto Profile:
- Batch Profiler uses the function called "Auto Profile with Calibration Target" (it is also available in Neat Image's menu Profile);
- Auto Profile uses the function called "Auto Profile with Regular Image";
These two functions work slightly different, so in principle they may produce different noise profiles with different quality number. That is not abnormal.

Thank you,
Vlad