printing a cleaned up image....

questions about practical use of Neat Image
tonya

printing a cleaned up image....

Post by tonya »

hi...I am working with the demo version right now looking to see if I need to buy this. I screwed up royally and shot at 1600 iso in full sun! I did meter and had shutter and ap according, but still have quite a bit of grain, especially when I go to blow them up. Neat image seems to be working quite well, but I am curious about the print quality after I fix the image. Has anyone had prints made of a repaired image? are they good or better quality?what about enlargements? how big can you go? I don't want to do this work only to come out with something that does not print up well. ...
TIA, I really appreciate any help you can offer me. I am in such a bad place with these pics right now.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think the print out will anyway look better if you reduce noise in the image. Try printing a half of an original image along with filtered half to see what kind of results you can get with your printer with and without Neat Image. I heard positive comments from other Neat Image users but everyone's postprocessing workflow and printer is different so you have to make a test using your own workflow and printer.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
tonya

Post by tonya »

thanks for the reply, I am sorry I did not specify that I use a pro lab, WHCC for my prints. The image looks really good after I clean it up in neatimge, I am just curious about the quality for the output for the lab to make a print. I know there is a margin for workflow and the amount of cleanup that I do, I just wondered what kind of luck others had in making prints from a cleaned up image.