Problem with Canon Pro1

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
mrg

Problem with Canon Pro1

Post by mrg »

I have made profiles for ISO 50 - 400 and want use the auto match profile option. But if a picture is taken in the Auto-Mode of the Canon Pro1, Neat Image say ISO = n/a and use the ISO 400 Profile (Match 99%) although the picture is taken at ISO 50.
It is possible that Neat Image is to use the ISO 50 Profile if Neat Image can not find the real ISO setting (ISO = n/a)?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

I think the easiest way to assign correct profiles in this situation would be to put all the images in the Filtration Queue, sort it by ISO (click on the header of the ISO column), and then assign the desired profile to those images that do not show any ISO.

Hope this helps.
Vlad
mrg

Post by mrg »

Thanks for the suggestion, but i use Neat Image per Commandline because i only have the home version and to many pictures.
I have now made a new Profile with ISO=Auto, but NI use still the wrong ISO-Profiles because it think that the only different parameter is the Exposure (The ISO-400 Profile habe the shortest Exposure so that NI use this for all sunshine Pictures).
It is possible to fix that in the next version or make it possible to select a defaut ISO-value if NI can't find the ISO in the exifs.

I noticed, that the the Canon Powershot Pro1 Profiles from the Website/Device noise profiles are useless because they don't include the ISO-value.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for the suggestion regarding using a default profile in case matching cannot find a profile by ISO. I will add this to the wish list.

Regarding the profile set on the webpage, could you build a better set using your camera?

Thank you,
Vlad
mrg

Post by mrg »

I already build Profiles for JPG in Super-Fine, Fine and Normal include ISO 50 - 400 with manual fine-tune and noise sample for future versions.
Should i send it per mail?
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Yes, please pack them all into a single zip file and e-mail the zip to support at neatimage.com. We will check the profile set and will publish it on our webpage.

Thank you very much,
Vlad