Opening TIFF files saved with SilverFast

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
magr

Opening TIFF files saved with SilverFast

Post by magr »

I normally scan in my slides using the SilverFast software, saving the images in 24 bit TIFF files. However, Neat Image cannot read these files, always saying the files were corrupt.

So my workaround is to first open the files in e. g. IrfanView, save it again in TIFF format. The newly created file can now be processed with Neat Image.

Is this a known issue, and is there a fix available for this? In case of interest I may submit you a example file.
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Please submit a bug report to Neat Image support and if possible include a sample TIFF file (preferrably not very large) from SilverFast so that the effect could be reproduced.

Thank you,
Vlad
rmorris2

Post by rmorris2 »

Check the Lasersoft Web site for an update. One of the Silverfast versions would generate corrupted TIFF images ... below is a snippet from their Development History Web page:

Changes in Version 6.4.2r2a/b: (07/14/2005)
All SilverFast products, 6.4.2r2 only:
From a certain file size on, corrupt TIFF images were created - fixed for
Macintosh with the update release 6.4.2r2a, for Windows with 6.4.2r2b.

Also, trying unchecking the HiRePP option: Click the Options button on bottom of SilverFast Ai panel, then click Special tab. If HiRePP is checked, click to uncheck it, then click Apply button followed by clicking OK button.