Batch Processing a Sequence of Images

suggest a way to improve Neat Image
repomare

Batch Processing a Sequence of Images

Post by repomare »

Hi
I am batch processing a sequence of images,these are old kids movies on vhs tapes that
i'm converting to SVCD.Some of these tapes are over 25 years old, and Neat Image is the only
program i've found that can reduce the level of noise to the point where i'm using more bitrate
on the image,rather than the noise itself.My Workflow on my current project as follows-

1)Vhs > TBC > Pinnacle DVD500 > pinn.dv file

2) Avisynth script DirectShowSource("H:\Capture Files\ThunderBirds1.avi",fps=25)
Trim(462,98725)
TomsMoComp(0,11,1)
colorYUV(gamma_y=128,gamma_u=512,gamma_v=512,off_y=-16,opt="coring")
BorderControl(XLB=8,XLS=10,XRB=8,XRS=10)
BorderControl(YBS=4,YTS=6)
Blur(-0.5)
Dissolve(Blackness(22),20)
FadeOut2(20)

3) Virtualdub > Segmented Avi HFYU.avi

4) Virtualdub > Extract Audio To .wav

5) Virtualdub > Image Sequence .bmp

6) Neat Image .BAT @echo off
for %%F in (D:\Neatimage\Source\Chapter1\*.bmp) do (
"C:\Program Files\Neat Image 2.3 Pro\NeatImage.exe" "%%F"

"D:\Neatimage\Destination\Chapter1\"%%~nF.bmp""
)
> Cleaned Image Sequence

7) Virtualdub > Cleaned Avi Segment HFYU.avi

8) Virtualdub > Stabilized & Cleaned Avi Segment HFYU.avi

9) Avisynth script SegmentedAVISource("D:\Virtualdub temp\ThunderBirds.00000.avi")
BilinearResize(480,576,8,0,704,576)
Msharpen(25,75,true,false,false)
> Cinemacraft Encoder VBR min 500mb\s ave 1350mb\s max 2520mb\s.m2v

10) Cooledit > Denoised,filtered & Compressed .mp2

11) AVI2mpeg2 > Multiplexed svcd.mpg

12) VCDEasy > Image file

13) VCDEasy > Burner

The batch file works great,but there's a problem i run into.If Neat Image rejects an image while
processing,it will come up with an error and wait for a response.If Neat Image initialy rejects
an image,it just terminates,which is great as at the end of the sequence I compare the two directories
and process any missing files manually.Would it be possible to add an [\IFF ERROR TERMINATE] command
to allow the rest of the batch to proceed.Also would it be possible to add a [\SILENT] command so
the gui doesn't show at all?

Cheers.
rust never sleeps
NITeam

Post by NITeam »

Thank you for your interesting comments and description of your workflow. It looks quite interesting.

Also, thank you for the suggestions. Yes, it is possible to add "if error then terminate" feature to continue processing batch file. I am not completely sure about "silent" mode but we will look into the details and probably will find some solution. Again, thanks for the suggestion!

Vlad